981 too 987 Spyder

Ringmaster999

I have a 718 Spyder and love it.

since getting it I discovered a very active WhatsApp group (‘Craigs Spyder Club’) - it has a lot of members owning a significant number of the Spyders in the U.K. 

Look on YouTube for the annual outing last year at Brooklands. 

This year the big day out takes place next month.

The guys with 987s love them. There’s a pro-driver (ex-Formula 1 driver) who drives a 987 and absolutely loves it.  

if you get one it’s a pretty exclusive machine that gets high praise.  You have to be able to enjoy the manual nature of the roof though! 🤣

I won’t be selling my 718 for a very long time.  😀

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

987 hood either pain in the ar*e or part of the light weight ethos

I've had my 987 Spyder for five years now ( currently on 81k miles ) and can have the roof on in less than a minute.
You just need to practice a bit .This works for weekend and holiday driving not ideal for daily .629D4710-1C52-4245-AB39-0E9EAE90782F.thumb.jpeg.63e468476098457cd511e885e2e1e842.jpeg
keyboard warriors that see it as a pain in the ar*e make laugh. Have they ever owned one ?… I quite like the fact the R/S Spyder seems to have adopted a similar design which endorses the original Boxster Spyder ethos for me

• Like 1

I think JohnSyn got a bit tired of the roof novelty also. At the same time the OPC made him an offer he couldn’t refuse…

Now he has a Cayman so taking the roof off is even more laborious. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, clubsport said:

I quite like the fact the R/S Spyder seems to have adopted a similar design which endorses the original Boxster Spyder ethos for me

I must admit these are my thoughts. It’s part of the concept of being designed for the ultimate in light weight. I’m putting my 981 up for sale at the end of the month. Then I might well buy a 987 Spyder as I’m sure it’ll work for me and what I want out of the car. That being that something a bit different and IMHO a bit special 

On 7/8/2023 at 10:23 PM, Ringmaster999 said:

I must admit these are my thoughts. It’s part of the concept of being designed for the ultimate in light weight. I’m putting my 981 up for sale at the end of the month. Then I might well buy a 987 Spyder as I’m sure it’ll work for me and what I want out of the car. That being that something a bit different and IMHO a bit special 

Good luck with your sale and Spyder purchase. Might be worth speaking to Ashgood they seem to find all type of Spyders

• Like 1