Replacing Dash Vent Grills

bakalos

Hi all,

I'm going to replace the dashboard vent grills, because the previous owner had wooden stickers on it and by removing them i damaged the surface.

Is there something i need to be aware of ?

I'm asking mostly because of the airbag sticker in the passenger's vent (LHD), is there any chance the airbag blows in my face?

I have seen certain videos on YouTube and they don't mention anything..but they mostly focus on the driver's vent.

Thanks in advance

PS. Which products do you recommend for revitalizing the interior trims and dashboards/vents?

fancybox_DSC01817.JPG

Disconnect the battery then the airbag won't go off.

There is no airbag behind this cover though, I took mine off last week to re-connect the open/close actuating arm.

Quick tip: remove the round vent underneath the main vanes to gain access to the third screw holding the assembly in.

I'm looking at Hydrodipping to revitalise interior trim.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bakalos said:

Hi all,

I'm going to replace the dashboard vent grills, because the previous owner had wooden stickers on it and by removing them i damaged the surface.

Is there something i need to be aware of ?

I'm asking mostly because of the airbag sticker in the passenger's vent (LHD), is there any chance the airbag blows in my face?

I have seen certain videos on YouTube and they don't mention anything..but they mostly focus on the driver's vent.

Thanks in advance

PS. Which products do you recommend for revitalizing the interior trims and dashboards/vents?

fancybox_DSC01817.JPG

That label is only there as a warning not to fit a child seat as there is an airbag in the dash.  If changing the vent, no risk with the airbag.  You may find it helpful to loosen the ducting that come across from the centre console, only one screw IIRC.

• Like 1