Warming car up.

paulguitar

Afternoon all, and happy bank holiday weekend.😀

Just wondering about how you guys (and girls) warm up your cars before giving them the full beans? I try to keep things between 2000-3000 RPM until the temp is sitting at 80, and then for the next few miles slowly allow slightly more revs. I'd say it's a good 20 minutes or more until I permit myself to have any serious fun.

5 minutes ago, paulguitar said:

Afternoon all, and happy bank holiday weekend.😀

Just wondering about how you guys (and girls) warm up your cars before giving them the full beans? I try to keep things between 2000-3000 RPM until the temp is sitting at 80, and then for the next few miles slowly allow slightly more revs. I'd say it's a good 20 minutes or more until I permit myself to have any serious fun.

Rule of thumb I use is below 4 ( mine is PDK - so largely it does this anyway) until Water temp hits "normal" - probably 5-10 mins - and then that again for the oil to catch up - so pretty much what you are doing,

Takes quite a commitment to give it the full beans..

So yeah, usually 4k tops until the water temp is somewhere around 80. But even then, deploying full power on public roads doesnt happen very often - have to be really pushing on to exceed 5k.

On a trackday however... normally one warm up lap is enough to get things going, then actual full beans from lap 3 onwards. And a full cooldown lap too.

On 5/1/2023 at 6:43 PM, 832ark said:

I’m currently wondering how to fit oil temp and pressure gauges to my 987.1, they’d be really useful. The hardest part is fitting them neatly somewhere.

This would be useful!