Sport button on manual 981

carl s

2 hours ago, Terryg said:

@Patt "3 - Remember lass setting (great for those on extended warranty)"

Probably useful in this day and age, I wasn't aware they came with a warranty, mine has definitely developed some faults over time , where exactly do I register my claim?

Just remember to remove any non-approved accessories before you take yours in for the warranty work ...

• Like 1

On 5/4/2023 at 10:31 AM, Patt said:

I got bored after about 180 pages of manuals, but there are lost of clever and equally overengineered things the newer cars do.  Many are linked nd some are even temperature dependent. 

Eg every fifth time you shut down - the wipers will self wiggle to ensure they have a clean surface

Damn, I'd noticed the wiper wiggle sometimes but hadn't thought about it.  Now I'm going to be counting... and worrying if it hasn't wiggled on the 6th go.

Out of interest, when you first go to the car and press the unlock, or maybe it's when you first open the door (can't remember) it makes a whirring sound a bit like a fuel pump.  Is it the fuel pump?  Seems an odd time to be priming pressure.  If you just went to the car to get something out then it's half a second of inefficiency, which I know Porsche detest.

20 hours ago, CMA said:

Nope, too busy putting the roof down first 😛

Sports Plus also makes the PDK hold gears until almost the redline, so not very road friendly :)

Where as Sport+ on manual gives you rev matching on down shifts. I can adequately heel/toe but the rev matching the car does is really fun as sounds spectacular on a hard drive. 

Just now, Raffe said:

Where as Sport+ on manual gives you rev matching on down shifts. I can adequately heel/toe but the rev matching the car does is really fun as sounds spectacular on a hard drive. 

It's very impressive isn't it. 

I enjoy trying to nail a good heal and toe but must admit the rev matching is great fun!

6 hours ago, Jonners said:

I enjoy trying to nail a good heal and toe but must admit the rev matching is great fun!

On my PDK the downshift rev matching doesn't produce any significant engine braking, in fact it surges just a little bit, which feels  a bit disconcerting.

15 hours ago, Jonners said:

I have a favourite B road and dropping to second around 50 as your braking coming into a bend the theatre of sounds makes me grin every time. First time I realised it did it was such a great surprise