Anyone got experience of these lights?

gillbe

Design911 https://www.design911.co.uk/p/indicator-unit-rear-porsche-987-mkii---987c-mkii--rhd-cars-_2/ 

Indicator unit rear. for RHD Cars

oem

Fits:
Porsche 987 MKII Boxster 2009>>
Porsche 987C MKII Cayman 2009>>

This product supersedes Porsche's old part numbers:
98763142703 (LEFT) / 98763142803 (RIGHT)

I mentioned these in the for sale section, as I'm assuming they are made by ULO, per the Porsche originals, so they look very good value - wondered if anyone knows for sure?

SCB Dismantlers quoted nearly the same for a used 12 year old Porsche part ("Price wise you are looking at £250 for the nsr lamp unit (ref 511723)", off https://www.scbvehicledismantlers.co.uk/single-breaker/?ref=38544732)

They look good.

My rear lights are looking a little tired so I’ve been looking at the 718 style replacements, but I generally like to keep things original.

Does anyone know if these lights look the same as the originals IRL? The photos make them look darker.

I notice the price doesn’t include VAT, which adds another £100 to a pair.

I played around with these rear lights and the bottom line is they are expensive to replace.

Cheapest I found was the original ones new from Poland for £700ish but this was a couple of years ago.

I found a pair of good used ones but when I inspected them they were in fact as bad as my own.

I tried the 718 ones but they just weren’t for me as I prefer the red oem look.

If buying second hand units take a good look at the silvering inside. The heat sealing of the lens to the body of the light is not very good in places, and moisture gets in to spoil the silvering. Even on new ones it is worth spending some time with clear silicone sealer around the joint - you have to do this off the car.

• Like 1

If you’re buying used ones you need to be very careful, my original ones were fine on the silver reflector but when the light was one it looked covered in scratches. It was actually micro cracks that only show when the light is on, the used pair I was interested in buying looked flawless but under close close inspection I could see the same cracks as on mine.

I would only consider used if you can physically view them 👍