Recaro Pole Position Seats (and mounting them !)

BenM

24 minutes ago, edc said:

Is it the angle of the photo as the seat looks set quite high? 

In position, I'm sat slightly lower than stock (an inch or so I guess)

The base of your spine is lower, but the additional support under your thigh is slightly higher, due to the shape of the seat.

This is with the lowest position on the rear and middle position on the front (of the side mounts). I prefer the slightly more reclined position this offers.

You could go about 15mm lower by omitting the sliders, or I suppose bolt directly to the floor (with additional bracing/welding) for a super-low setup.

This is perfect for me though. I'm 5 10" ish for context

On 7/10/2023 at 3:09 PM, BenM said:

Finally got round to fitting mine yesterday.

Went with the FIA seats, Recaro side mounts and sliders, plus the Planted base mount.

Took a good couple of hours to sort, but well pleased with the result. Super supportive and comfy.

I'm glad I went with the sliders, as it would have been difficult to 'fix' in the perfect position otherwise. The seat was in and out numerous times to test fit and make sure everything was aligned. Getting the base mount rear bolts in was an absolute bast*rd, as the sliders partially covered the holes. Got there in the end though.

@allatsea The only issue I have is the same seatbelt buckle problem you experienced - what length one did you go for that worked ? Also how did you deal with the seatbelt light on the dash, if you replace the original buckle. I could just leave it plugged in under the seat, but that's not a great solution ! lol

I'd post a pic but it says 1MB max, and the phone pics are 4MB...

Ben,

Think these were the ones that finally worked; https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125164782758 - I brought the 30cm webbed version.

I also went to my local OPC and brought new Torx head bolts to fix the seats down. The ones that came from Recaro were Allen key headed and not strong enough, severe danger of rounding out.

Genuinely can't remember what I did with the seat belt light, think I googled solution, then just connected it up under the seat; my light doesn't come on and in all honesty not sure anyone needs a reminder now.

• 2 months later...

I'm 6t 3inch and I wanted to sit lower in my old car and had a nightmare trying to find what seat mounts would work with my Pole Positions. In the end, I came across a company called South Bound Trimmers, which manufactures their own seat mount for Porsche marques with the added bonus of having an integrated seat belt mount where the Recaro ones don't! It's definitely worth a Google to find them.