Head Lining Elastics

cbxpete

Hi All,

Got the roof moving again, fingers crossed it keeps moving!!

Now i have noticed that the elastis near the door pillar on both sides have come loose? has anyone else had this and if so how easy is it to put back in position or is there a you tube video somewhere?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Peter.

Several vids on the tube regarding renewing the elastics and setting it up.

Just put in: porsche boxster 987 roof elastic replacement

Thanks for the replies,

Seen those Vids? what they don't show is the elastic at the very bottom of the head lining? so not sure how tight they should be?

2 hours ago, cbxpete said:

Thanks for the replies,

Seen those Vids? what they don't show is the elastic at the very bottom of the head lining? so not sure how tight they should be?

Maybe post a flickr/imgur photo link of the issue you have. 

I just used some fairly strong 1 1/2" elastic and shortened it until the hood bead pulled inside the groove. Quicker than trawling youtube for any measurement.

The supporting end is held with a small flanged Torx screw so you only need to sew the elastic to the fabric tab on the hood end. I have a set of six small stubby screwdriver type tools, one has the correct size Torx. I think they were the cheapo Rolson brand and £1 for the set from Trotters on a blister card.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed this also - inner elastics for the headlining seems to be a bit missed off the list even though lots of boxsters seem to show wear - interested to see if you resolve it as min need doing (at somepoint) - outers done..