Front strut arch tyre clearance

1rvy

Question for other Boxster/Cayman S owners running stock suspension and 19" wheels.

Looking into the wheel-well the very top of tyre sits really close to the front strut spring base plate, is this normal or should it have plenty of clearance.  I think to increase this distance would mean an increase in ride height or camber neither of which appears off.

I'm booking in for an alignment but wouldn't mind knowing what distance others have (e.g. can you fit a hand between tyre and spring base?)

Thanks 

Just seems tighter than i expected, rear has a larger gap which I feel as comfortable.  I get that its  a fixed distance between two points on the same line so always move in unison.

Seems normal so i won't lose sleep over it.

9 hours ago, ½cwt said:

The strut is bolted to the hub and the wheel is bolted to the hub, therefore no relative movement so not much clearance required..

There is a small washer spacer fitted on the damper strut itself (item 2 on the attached diagram).

Car is stock suspension (not PASM) with factory fitted 19s so assuming it is as it should be.

strut.JPG

Wonder if the RS has lower suspension setup than the S so necessitating a spacer?  AFAIK stock S didn't leave the factory with spacers even with the 19" rims fitted.

I am pretty sure they were standard. I have heard of spaces being used with other Porsche wheels as well. For what reason, I don’t know!