Front strut "compensation plate" - which thickness?

Filbee

Apologies if this has been covered before. I did a search but nothing came up...

I'm refreshing the suspension on my 2002 986 S and I'm fitting Koni Active struts and H&R O30 springs.

My car appears to currently have the 6.5mm thick compensation plates fitted (see part no 5 on the diagram below), but they also come in a 3mm thick version.

402-00_996_1998-05.gif.f7119273adcf86987a226203b04e6696.gif

My question is, what determines the thickness, and should I stick the 6.5mm ones back on, or go with the thinner ones to get the nose down a little lower than the back?

Mostly I'm curious as to why they came in two different thicknesses!

I fitted standard springs when fitting my Koni Special Active dampers.  I used the original compensating plate and have found no ill effects.  No idea why there are two sizes, there is no code int eh parts cat to indicate one applies to a certain type of option or vehicle age.  I suppose in theory if you have 6.5mm and got to 3mm you drop 3.5mm in ride height as the plate sits between the top of the spring and the top mount.