Great comparison 981 GTS vs 718 GTS 4.0

Withy

Interesting.

The PCM would be a plus for me, as would the mega head lights although mine are pretty good too & I often turn off the screen anyhow.

More power would be good as would better acceleration, but it's not as if the 981 BGTS is lacking.  I nearly always have the car in Sport mode unless on a longer motorway journey where the softer & quieter ride is welcome.  The quieter exhaust is a negative overall for me.

Overall then the 981 BGTS is still a cracker & his car is for sale so tyre kickers can kick away..

Just watched the intro and conclusion.

Intro - wow, never believed that's the inflation calculation.

Conclusion - Does he really not think much, or is this one of those oddball challenge videos? The cable around his groin is not obvious at the start (I missed it, thankfully) but very prominent in the conclusion.

Actually enjoyed that, normally I would only watch Harry's garage.

I can't say I have noticed any difference in ride quality vs my old 981, but maybe Dorset roads are better maintained.

Exhaust is dramatically improved with the Cargraphic valve controller.

I must tell wifey about the inflation calculation so I get less grief about selling @moonshine my old 981😅

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, JurassicBGTS said:

Actually enjoyed that, normally I would only watch Harry's garage.

I can't say I have noticed any difference in ride quality vs my old 981, but maybe Dorset roads are better maintained.

Exhaust is dramatically improved with the Cargraphic valve controller.

I must tell wifey about the inflation calculation so I get less grief about selling @moonshine my old 981😅

I expect his 981 dampers are past there best and or the GTS has the PASM -20mm suspension set up and not the -10mm version which is softer :)

I find the 718 GTS dampers / ride (in the 2.5t) amazing to be fair considering the big wheels etc

• Like 1

Ref the suspension, as above he's not comparing apples for apples, two different suspension set ups there sport pasm vs pasm with different ARBs also.

The 718 is slightly more stiffly sprung and as I've shared before it has extra bracing to stiffen up the rear end which does impact the ride quality.

They feel like they have a lot more grunt but the peak power is quite high up the rev range so the difference when side by side isn't as good. Imho it's not an £80k plus car but the high asking price is good for 981 because it's the next best thing available.

• Like 1