3D printed console delete

DaveyP

Daboy it should be with you this week.

The expense is in the abs or nylon material and the large printer required to print in one piece.

They could be a fraction of the price printed from pla in two or three pieces, but they wouldn't last long or hold their shape

Edited by wasz

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2023 at 12:54 PM, Daboy3000 said:

I have ordered one.  Found a place to source OEM carpet too, so I can finally have a grey one!!

Once you have it installed I'd love to see some pics. I have the grey interior too and would love to have the delete as well. I think it would give me the legroom to make the car really comfortable.

6 minutes ago, RedBarediver said:

Once you have it installed I'd love to see some pics. I have the grey interior too and would love to have the delete as well. I think it would give me the legroom to make the car really comfortable.

Unfortunately, there has been a delay which has resulted in a refund.  Hopefully production issues will get resolved and I can go forward with the project.

Yes sorry I ordered from 2 places, one order arrived broken, the other the order got turned around at customs. So I had to refund all the orders as everything was just taking too long.

Hopefully have a few more next week or the week after after trying again, and I''l only take payment when they are in hand.

This is why I have never started a business 😅

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

I've just fitted mine.

I'm amazed at the difference it makes.

Messaged back and forward with @wasz about it before ordering. The carpet is a good match colour wise, but a slightly different texture. I knew this would be the case before ordering, so no problem.

I would say to be careful when fitting it, as i think the pointy bits where it meets the centre console could be quite easily snapped if you're a bit heavy handed. Also, when tightening it down, I went for FT. In this case, fairly tight rather that the usual, just tightening it with a deep socket turned by hand. Again to avoid snapping it. Once it's in, it looks good, and definitely frees up space.

Seems like a lot for what it is, but compared to a genuine one, and considering @wasz's expenses and the effort he goes to to get them, I'd say they're worth it.

In short, I'd recommend one.

• Like 1