Parts advice

Cocky

I've seen plenty of threads with ranging prices for coolant leaks & repairs. 

I just wondered where those of you who source your own parts are getting hold of cross over pipes for a 987.2 

I am aware of OPC, D911 & ECP but wondering if I'm missing somewhere? 

Tell us more about the leak...?

Mine were done a few years ago before i bought her by RPM up north.... cost a few quid mind. I've bought various other smaller coolant pipes and hoses from main dealer... not as pricey as you might think, especially with the PGBUK 10% parts discount.

Si.

I was looking at Spyder Performance but will have to see exactly where the leak is coming from. I had a weep around the engine I think the left hand coolant pipe but I believe the new leak is somewhere up front I'll have to check if that's a rad or a pipe but can't get it up a ramp until next week. 

Bottom line unless there are known pattern parts out there, Porsche is the cheapest source for Porsche specific parts particularly with 10% off.  My rule of thumb is D911 without VAT price is just a little below (3% - 5%) Porsche price incl VAT.

How old is the car...? Reason i ask is that the smaller bore coolant pipes that run the length of the car and up behind the bulkhead can become porous.... yes that's correct as i had the same issue last year. I initially replaced all the smaller rubber hoses with OEM and still had the leak. Once i purchased and changed the aluminium pipes the leak was fixed.

Pretty sure i still have the quotes with part numbers on somewhere.... the pipes were on 6-8 weeks at the time.

Also worth mentioning that the metal flange on the bigger pipes can , over time, lose it's seating and leak ever so slightly. Have you checked the o-rings too..?

Si.

3 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

Bottom line unless there are known pattern parts out there, Porsche is the cheapest source for Porsche specific parts particularly with 10% off.  My rule of thumb is D911 without VAT price is just a little below (3% - 5%) Porsche price incl VAT.

...agreed.