Options to think about when upgrading to a 981?

Nobbie

I find seat heating applied straight to the back is so much more efficient than hot air blowing somewhere around the front, especially windows down.  And yes, saves on bulky clothes. A very important option for me below 10C. 

{and if I buy into @Davey P's club then heated seats will be less of a need 🤣}

I guess on the PASM part is at some point they would need refreshing and the age and price point means that I may be in that zone.... although a quick search suggests circa £100 extra per corner for PASM Bilsteins...

Ideally I'd like all the options and pay the non optioned car price...but in the real world.
PDK, 3.4, heated seats
then extended leather, Better lights, climate, PASM
Chrono and leccy seats

and then I'll bottle it and buy a 2.9 987.2 😆

On 4/1/2024 at 9:09 PM, Nobbie said:

Reader, I bought it😀

Many thanks to @Madlil who was a pleasure to deal with. Hope you’re enjoying the F type.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread as it was an exceptionally useful source of opinions and made the decision to go for this car very easy. First proper drive today and it feels like a great place to be. No idea how all the toys and buttons work yet, but I’ll get the hang of it eventually.

The only real departure from the general consensus here was that this did not have PSE, but given what it does have I wasn’t going to let that get in the way, particularly as it has the Carnwal GT exhaust which on first impressions I think I’m going to like. It probably helps that I’ve come from a 986 with a ToyoSport exhaust and manifolds, so I’ve done the noise thing. I can always retrofit if I change my mind.

At last the buyer of my 981 is revealed! Really pleased it has gone to a good home with @Nobby being a gentleman throughout the whole process. When Rob drove it away I thought the exhaust sounded epic! I am enjoying life in the F Type with the only downside being the Pirelli P Zeros which are new all round and are terrible in the wet. How Jaguar have chosen them for the F Type is ridiculous. 

• Like 2