Drivers door window issues

Pordave

On unlocking my 986 using the key fob the drivers window starts going up and down uncontrollably by about 1/2”, but goes higher than it should to seal in the hood. So if I close the door the window is above the roof and so won’t shut.

To stop it I have to get in and manually lower window with the window button and then close door and put window up.

Obviously with it playing up locking the car is a balls ache. I have to lower the window , close door and press and hold key fob to close the window and lock the car.

Is the problem a badly set window height, faulty door lock mechanism or door handle microswitch as window doesn’t always drop as it should when unlocking.

Happy new year to all with hopefully cheap cures for all with overspent credit cards.

Dave

I’ll guess it’s a faulty microswitch on the door lock.

http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/70390-window-drops-when-i-open-door-but-then-goes-back-up.html

You could also try resetting the window upper/lower limits first to tick that off the list. Shut the window and hold onto the window button for 10 seconds and then do the same with the window open.

Edited by iborguk