Help please, heater stopped working

Alan36

Guys, I took the old climate/heater control out to replace it with a 2nd hand part from ebay. When I plugged the new one in and put ignition on nothing happened. So I tried the old one again and nothing is happening with that now either. I was changing it as the screen wS knackered. I have only removed the 4 plugs from the back of it, have I done something wrong?

That is what made me think it was a fuse. If you have a multimeter, put the black/common probe to a known earth (or a screw that goes into the bodywork) and touch each terminal in the connectors, checking for 12V. You may have to do this with the ignition on.

I found a blown fuse, replaced it and tried my old unit and it worked. I have asked the ebay seller for a refund now as the unit is the issue. Thanks BBB for getting back to me.

1 minute ago, Alan36 said:

I found a blown fuse, replaced it and tried my old unit and it worked. I have asked the ebay seller for a refund now as the unit is the issue. Thanks BBB for getting back to me.

Which fuse was blown ?