Genuine Porsche Hardtop Wall Mount

Gwsinc

I’m looking to mount my 986 hardtop on the garage wall to keep the floor area clear.  There are a few options out there, storage ‘bags’, wall hooks as well as a factory option…

I wondered what  if anyone has used the official Porsche Tequipment version? Part No 000 044 000 21. 

On its own it’s a wall mount but can be combined with the Tequipment trolley too.

Thanks

15 minutes ago, Gwsinc said:

I’m looking to mount my 986 hardtop on the garage wall to keep the floor area clear.  There are a few options out there, storage ‘bags’, wall hooks as well as a factory option…

I wondered what  if anyone has used the official Porsche Tequipment version? Part No 000 044 000 21. 

On its own it’s a wall mount but can be combined with the Tequipment trolley too.

Thanks

I'm interested in a wall mount too. I imagine it's the same part number for my 987. I've no idea of cost.

12 minutes ago, McDonald said:

I'm benefitting from the hardtop just now, but in mid-March I'll be resting the roof. Locating a wall mount would be very useful.

jb8eODK.jpg

That's a more calendar like picture. 👍

10 hours ago, ½cwt said:

That's a more calendar like picture. 👍

But needs better light. Catching sunshine in the next 3 or 4 weeks will be the trick. By mid-March the roof will be off & the opportunity gone.

20 minutes ago, Toddie said:

@McDonald deffo not calendar material, you got a rear wheel crest missing 🤣

There's always Photoshop... and you can point the crests to the valve stem using that too. :stickprod:

On 2/17/2024 at 1:33 PM, McDonald said:

Good find. Please show it again 1/ when attached to the wall 2/ with roof hanging.

Clamps arrived today. Must say it’s not a design that provides much confidence!

But… it seems to work and I don’t think it’s going anywhere.

IMG_2049.jpeg.e3908c76c70bf8f5849a8739f9b6dc97.jpegIMG_2053.jpeg.241c4a250bdb2bdf3e07e2bf0d34e5b6.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I can imagine how the hard top fits onto the top tube of the wall mount (the pointy locking pins go into the holes in the tube), but how does the leading edge of the roof attach to the lower tube?

50 minutes ago, BBB said:

I can imagine how the hard top fits onto the top tube of the wall mount (the pointy locking pins go into the holes in the tube), but how does the leading edge of the roof attach to the lower tube?

The leading edge of the hardtop has a guide pin at either end, just like the soft top. These slot in at either end of the lower tube.

The lower tube isn’t weight bearing though, the slots keep the top in position as you fit it to the top bar.

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, McDonald said:

As long as it's secure, it's great. Not taking up floorspace & not compressing seals for the 8/9 months when hardtop isn't required. I'll be watching for one of these.

If you get one and it’s missing clamps let me know, I had to buy a box of 10 so have a few spare!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Gwsinc said:

Clamps arrived today. Must say it’s not a design that provides much confidence!

But… it seems to work and I don’t think it’s going anywhere.

IMG_2049.jpeg.e3908c76c70bf8f5849a8739f9b6dc97.jpegIMG_2053.jpeg.241c4a250bdb2bdf3e07e2bf0d34e5b6.jpeg

That looks great. I'd love to have one too. As soon as the Spider is sold and out of the garage my hardtop will be banished to the garage by 'er inside and I'm contemplating using a kayak hanger thingy at the moment. This looks much better.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update on this, I’ve now installed a couple of extra clamps, much less flex and inspires much more confidence in the wall mount. 

The clamps I used are Fischer FGRS 25-30mm. 

IMG_2171.jpeg

• Like 1