Another brake question

alank

I have just recently bought my 981 and after checking the MOT history I saw that it had an advisory on the last test stating that the front pads are worn thin. I bought Zimmerman discs which are a German brand and they had a made in Germany sticker on the boxes. I bought Textar pads which I think are OE or so I have read. I actually fitted the discs and pads yesterday and they certainly seem to be  good quality but of course time will tell. I will add that the Zimmerman discs come fully coated including the braking surfaces which you do not remove as the coating is removed by the pads after a few braking cycles.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, deanmr2 said:

I have just recently bought my 981 and after checking the MOT history I saw that it had an advisory on the last test stating that the front pads are worn thin. I bought Zimmerman discs which are a German brand and they had a made in Germany sticker on the boxes. I bought Textar pads which I think are OE or so I have read. I actually fitted the discs and pads yesterday and they certainly seem to be  good quality but of course time will tell. I will add that the Zimmerman discs come fully coated including the braking surfaces which you do not remove as the coating is removed by the pads after a few braking cycles.

I forgot to say that the old pads I removed from the car were Textar with the Porsch part number on them.