Apple carplay

Graham BGTS

Hi, Ive started looking again at wireless CarPlay adapters and see Road Angel now do one. Does anyone have experience of this? 
Also, prices vary quite a bit from c. £30 to about £100 but surely they all just do the same thing - what, if any, are the benefits of the more expensive ones?

Thanks in advance. 

Graham

I don't know the difference but be aware that the wireless version eats through the phone battery in no time - my son used it briefly and his iPhone 13 lasted less than 2 hours. The advantage of the wired ones is that they charge the phone at the same time.

Porsche now does an OEM ‘Classic’ headunit for the previous versions of our car so in time they should release one for ours. If you have the appalling CDR 31 HU you are stuck with either opening it up and replacing items inside or buying a whole new spurious headunit like Pioneer or Kenwood for example. I’d rather keep my interior as close to as when it left the factory. 

Porsche hurry up and release an Apple CarPlay headunit for our 981’S please! 

I'm looking for a complete head unit change that will work with Bose.

The chinese carplay did not work for me, their service levels were worse than an OPC, and it has resulted in less than stable DAB and satnag since fitting of the Isudar pcb.

The only way I would buy from OPC ws if their solution kept the in dash display working - and I'm not holding my breath. 

Considering car play is standard on a base model polo, I find it appalling how Porsche insist on being at least 5 years behind when it comes to I.C.E and then charging a small fortune to have a still less than standard system.