Joined the 981 club...

bte123

14 minutes ago, tracy said:

No Surprise really good cars always sell people are happy paying the top end for right cars.

They do I'm not exception. 

Their stock is good and they look very selective on what they buy . I've also found JZM to be good .  

Had an horrendous experience with Paul Stephens once and turns out I'm not alone. 

Glad to deal with a good indi now 

5 minutes ago, tracy said:

GTS are high spec to start with but you can still rack a lots of options.

I did compare when Mike owned his car to mine I had well over 17k of extras on mine so I guess Mike's ceramics pushed the extra 5k making 22k of options.

Very easy to start adding stuff but not to many with huge option lists.

How long have you owned your car ? 

1 minute ago, Mabel1 said:

They do I'm not exception. 

Their stock is good and they look very selective on what they buy . I've also found JZM to be good .  

Had an horrendous experience with Paul Stephens once and turns out I'm not alone. 

Glad to deal with a good indi now 

I know JZM very well personally dealt with them a lot.

The old saying goes no such thing as a cheap good Porsche.

We all have choices of course but a reputable dealer is worth its weight in gold.

Mine came from main dealer 3 years ago no problem at all with them

2 years warranty and Porsche break down assistance.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Dermot said:

That is the one. I drove it home, it has been in the garage ever since.  Hope to get out this weekend.  I found the option price list and had been looking up the build sheet to see what the option list comes out at. 1st registered by Porsche GB Reading,  could it have been a "Management" car ?

Special colour: Carmine red £1,595

429 911 Turbo Design Wheels £890

250 Porsche Doppelkupplug (PDK) £2,351

450 Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake (PCCB) £4,977

220 Porsche Torque Vectoring (PTV), incl. mechanically locking rear diff £890

XDG Wheels painted in black high gloss [complete, incl. Porsche crest] £801

P07 Adaptive sports seats plus (18-way, electric) [memory/steering column] £1,914

632 Bi-xenon headlights incl. PDLS+ £308

089 GTS black exterior package. [Painted black (high-gloss): Frontspoilerandairintake
Lower section of exterior mirrors, Side air intake Rearapron] £680

636 Park Assist front & rear £599

XLS Sports tailpipe £365

088 GTS interior package [Carmine red/rhodium silver. Comprising: Seams in contrasting colour Seat belt edges in contrasting colour
GTS logo stitched to headrest in contrasting colour, Floor mats with seams and Porsche logo in contrasting colour Carbon trim on switch panel, door panel and centre console] £2015

454 Cruise control £267

573 2-zone automatic air conditioning [Climate Control] £518

342 Seat heating £284

CPK Vehicle key painted [in car colour] £170

P23 PCM [Head Unit], incl. navigation module with universal audio interface £2,141

680 BOSE surround sound system [Speakers] £801

666 Telephone module [CDR+ or PCM] £527

XHM Carbon centre console trim £341

691 Digital radio [PCM] £324

Total Options £22,758

Congrats Dermot 

was thinking it was ex Porsche as my launch spec car came with an FJ plate and high spec as well. I’d search the net as I found quite a few autocar etc reviews online using my car from 2012 

• Like 1

On 2/26/2024 at 10:23 PM, bte123 said:

The 981 is definitely a better drive but I won't have too many bad words said about my Britney! She was a great intro into 2 seater life and did a great job for a few summers.

@mr.tourette23 maybe I dismissed the idea too quickly, I've seen a plug and play head unit with android auto I think I'm going to order first and then I think I'll start with some dash upgrades before looking at the door speakers too. There's a paycheck or two already accounted for! 

You had a Z4 called `Britney`. I'd keep that under your hat if I were you. Anyway I don't think anyone noticed so you'll be OK. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ninesomething said:

You had a Z4 called `Britney`. I'd keep that under your hat if I were you. Anyway I don't think anyone noticed so you'll be OK. 

I wonder whether it needed a lot of spears parts? 🙄

4 hours ago, tracy said:

I know JZM very well personally dealt with them a lot.

The old saying goes no such thing as a cheap good Porsche.

We all have choices of course but a reputable dealer is worth its weight in gold.

Mine came from main dealer 3 years ago no problem at all with them

2 years warranty and Porsche break down assistance.

My plan is to put it back into the Porsche warranty network once the Hathor one expires .  I figure 3 years warranty for £2200 is a decent deal .  
Just means I'll get it serviced at an OPC but I very much intend keeping the car 

• Like 1