Centre speaker

Blakey

I've upgraded my main speakers to Focal, it has transformed the sound, the Porsche speakers (ASK) were the cheapest, rubbish speakers.  Anyway I've decided to change the centre speaker too, but not sure what to go for, has anyone changed this speaker and if so for what? I plan to test several types to see what 'sounds' best and matches the Focal mains.....

I think when you get a sat-nav info/message/phone etc the audio to the main speakers is dimmed down and the centre speaker comes into play, so I'd probably like to keep it, just need a better one than the stock porsche rubbish. 

Honestly you will not notice it gone, and yes my town has been cut off from the rest of the country for 3 long years whilst they have building a bypass that doesn't even bypass anything 😤

Scr distribution have a centre speaker plug and play  https://www.scrdistribution.co.uk/porsche-987-centre-speaker-upgrade-15139-p.asp which I have fitted 5 min job can’t  speak high enough of the plug play speakers they supply I have changed all 7 speakers for my ASK system. I’m no audio guru but they sound brilliant and could not believe the difference a new centre speaker made which fitted later after the other 6 and a Ali express head unit even better

• 1 month later...

Well I narrowed down to 8 potential speakers, but 1 was too big, the other too small, so I'm down to just 6. All have great datasets, but how do they sound and compare,  so I made a box with all 6 in and I can switch between then to find what I like the best.

My center speaker is used for the sat-nav and so I can't disconnect it, it's all connected up now so should have results soon.IMG_20240420_124314_137.thumb.jpg.c565410712bc19894fbb91b67bd18c45.jpg

• Like 1

is nav/phone all it's used for ? 

In which case ( and of course personal preferences) - why bother ? - the nav these days is novelty and if you can here the phone then its working ....

Or am I missing something ?

It's used as the phone main speaker when paired with the phone, so for me I need it, it does get used when the main speakers are in use but as others have said you would not notice if you disconnect it, I think I'm just disappointed with the OEM speaker and want one that I do like the sound of, as you say "personal preference "