Vinyl front number plate

Blakey

I've never been too happy with the front number plate, the back it fixes on to, is smaller than the plate and the plate then sticks just over the leading edge of the nose. I had a couple of options;

1) I got a backing plate of a 981, slightly different size but 'could' be made to fit better.

2) make an entirely new one.

3) use an adhesive vinyl one.

So my question is , has anyone used a vinyl number plate and did you have any problems?

Thanks...

12 minutes ago, RBD914 v2 said:

Yep, no problems whatsoever!

2023-11-04_02-54-22

I had a reduced plate a little smaller than yours on my TVR. Pulled up by the traffic police after their camera didn’t recognise the plate as it was smaller. The two traffic cops had a good laugh and then gave me a ticket which resulted in a letter from DVLA stating that if I didn’t change the plate for a standard plate and was pulled up again, they would revoke my private number! Also had to send them photographs of the front and rear of the car with standard plates. 
it’s the chance you take. I’m sure a standard size stick on would be okay but getting one to stick on neatly on a curved surface is probably quite difficult.