Strange window behaviour

Jcn27

Hi all

I seem to have developed a new window fault today.

When I open the door the window drop as it should, when I close the door the window goes back up then drops again. It repeats this action multiple times then eventually settles. This can be either up or down.

The other odd thing is that the window will always go down from the switch but sometimes you get no response from the switch when you put it back up.  Leave it a couple of minutes and switch will work again.

I had this on the passenger door a couple of time last year but it just stopped doing it.

It may be the rear control unit but i cant see any evidence of damp or damage to it. Anyone got any ideas what could cause this. I've done the reset procedure but it's not made any difference.

Thanks

Might be two seperate issues.  The up/down is classic microswitch as meno says.  The no response from switch could be the switch itself.   I had similar switch behaviour on a previous car and a good drink with a contact cleaner and a bit of wiggling and forceful operation solved it.