Roof not responding after water leak

Andyrob

Help please. Blocked drains cleared. Use my cover now... rear controller swapped and coded. Roof just dead. Fuses ok, roof switch ok i think. My icarsoft gives me c121 comm rear control unit (comfort).

Windows don't drop either??

I'm Bromley area.

Random thoughts.

Who coded the module ?

has it worked since the module was replaced ?

Is that c121 code “active” or “stored” ( if you clear it does it come back ?) 

does the spoiler raise/lower on the button  ? 

try poking the area around where the roof latch sits   There is a micro switch in there that starts the window drop process   Wd40 might help but the coding on the module has the same symptom from memory   

that sounds a bit like the new module hasn’t got the “new mechanism” config set for the roof. 

I am near Rochester Kent, I have PIWIS, can plug in and have a look if you want to come find me.  

Edited by Paul P
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Andyrob said:

Help please. Blocked drains cleared. Use my cover now... rear controller swapped and coded. Roof just dead. Fuses ok, roof switch ok i think. My icarsoft gives me c121 comm rear control unit (comfort).

Windows don't drop either??

I'm Bromley area.

Needs to be plugged into PIWIS or Durametric.

If an indy coded it, I would hazard a guess that it has been coded to the wrong vehicle type.

I have worked on a few 87's where myself and other Indys have coded the module to a Cayman. This allows the windows to close etc until the problems can be fixed. 

Did you actually buy a new under the passenger seat module from Porsche?

Hi All,

Yes I got another RCU and had it re-coded as per the images below. The chap who re-coded it (Ian @ MDB diagnostics Colchester) said that although its ok - everything else works fine there can be problems with the roof that prevent even the windows dropping as they did before when you unlock the front catch. I exposed the switch underneath the catch as I know there can be problems with that but that didn't help. My next item to check is the relays just in case they've failed. Fuses were fine. I've seen a video on how to manually open the roof by disconnecting the control rods but I'll save that till later.

Regards, Andy. 

IMG_5337.JPG

IMG_5338.JPG

On the face of it - that coding looks OK to me ( we have had a case of something odd happening with an RCU supplied and coded by the same folks - but in that case the "new" hood control setting wasn't there at all - and they did sort it out.)

I notice that the rear lights are set to LED ? Should not have any impact but is this a gen 2 (2009->) car - just interested to know if the previous gen 1 cars can be coded to have led rears ? 

Seen a few references to the tracks on the switch needing to be resoldered, few threads on here (somewhere) showing the process - perhaps its not the switch but the "pathways"

17 hours ago, Paul P said:

Seen a few references to the tracks on the switch needing to be resoldered, few threads on here (somewhere) showing the process - perhaps its not the switch but the "pathways"

Yes I had to do mine. I think the solder joint between the tracks and the contacts go 'dry' and you get poor connection. I just heated mine up to melt the solder again and it has been fine since then but I suspect it will go again in the future.

• Like 1