Steering column replacement

Joshua

Howdy, 

I'm doing some upgrades and changes to my 986 and struggle to disconnect steering column from the shaft which is coming out from the firewall. 

There are no screws visible hence not sure if there is need any special tool to do it or I'm missing something? 

Other thing I need replace brake fluid reservoir in front trunk and bleed brakes however as the car has PMS I need open the valve to bleed or fluid out of the system. I don't have Piwis and not planning fork few hundred £ to open valves to flush fluid out, is anyone know any other way how this can be open? Different diagnostics tools which are way cheaper then Piwis? (there are some headers and etc on Aliexpress but i can imagine they hit and miss in terms of working?) 

You'll only retain minuscule amount of the old fluid in the ABS (assuming that is what you mean) and that that there is has not been exposed to air or heat.  I did a whole replacement for all the hard lines under the car along with new flexi hoses and overhauled calipers.  Flushed through with new fluid from the reservoir through the whole system, then bled it in the standard way and have had no problems.