My Boxster

scorpio63

I have now had the water pump, thermostat and housing and serpentine belt replaced on my Boxster 3.2s . Really impressed that the water pump and thermostat/housing are the original and the serpentine belt has been on over 9 years..Also replaced the rear tyres to Falken Azenis FK510 (great price and online reviews).The old tyres had started to delaminate !

Just a few question re future jobs to do..1. Would it be advisable to change the gearbox oil (manual)

2. The spark plugs have not been changed since 2011 ( 10,000 miles) Do they need changing..

3. I use Mobil oil and the car was serviced in 2022 ( 670 miles on current oil) Do I need to change the oil?

Any replies would be appreciated..Thank you in  advance..

24 minutes ago, scorpio63 said:

I have now had the water pump, thermostat and housing and serpentine belt replaced on my Boxster 3.2s . Really impressed that the water pump and thermostat/housing are the original and the serpentine belt has been on over 9 years..Also replaced the rear tyres to Falken Azenis FK510 (great price and online reviews).The old tyres had started to delaminate !

Just a few question re future jobs to do..1. Would it be advisable to change the gearbox oil (manual)

2. The spark plugs have not been changed since 2011 ( 10,000 miles) Do they need changing..

3. I use Mobil oil and the car was serviced in 2022 ( 670 miles on current oil) Do I need to change the oil?

Any replies would be appreciated..Thank you in  advance..

Yes, possibly and probably.

The 6 speed gearbox responds well to an oil change.  Plugs should actually go longer, but maybe do it based on condition.  Mobil 1 is designed as a long drain interval oil, however oil also degrades with time.  I think most owners do an annual or bi-annual change based on keeping fresh oil in the engine to give it max protection as the mileage goes up.

Yes... you need a triple square socket thing to open the fill plug. It's like an Allen key but not.......

Make sure you can open the fill plug BEFORE you drain the oil, for obvious reasons.

Thought it was the 5 speed with the spline plug and an Allen one on the 6 speed.  But philosophy still applies, make sure you can refill what you drain before draining it....