Ambulance Chaser

I was involved in an accident couple of weeks ago. Fella in front stopped, fella behind didn't. My car was the filling in a 3 card sandwich.

Immediately following had a sore head and neck. Next day went to see Doc and he agreed I had a touch of whiplash and to see how it goes and come back if I want physio. Not a big fan of physio, although had some oesteopath treatment for whiplash incurred previously in a sporting context and that was quite succesful. Not supplied on NHS so declined further treatment.

Next couple of days neck was pretty sore but nothing I couldn't deal with. Skipped the gym for a few days til it settled down.

Anyway the fault for the accident was placed squarely with the guy behind and the repairs are underway at their expense. All good so far.

Since then I've had several calls first from the guys insurance company then from a couple of independent firms asking me if anyone was injured and if I wanted to pursue a claim.

Perhaps stupidly I told the one today I'd suffered a bit of whiplash and he's now chasing to persue a claim.

Should I bother or will it all turn out to be a lot of paperwork for nothing?

Fair enough I got a bit of a pain from the accident but I'm not incapacitated as such so not like I can't work. It's been a bit of an inconvenience but is that worth a claim?

My head tells me not to bother.

Anyone had experience with these type of companies / claims?

Yes I have. They were a no win no fee agency. I had to fill in a form and see one of their doctors for a check up who agreed I had an injury. To cut a long story short, I got a cheque through the post a few weeks later.

By my own doctor the next day. The insurance co doctor was about a month later.

I was a bit sceptical about going as I too felt ok.

I told him I'd seen my own doctor so I guess they were in contact with each other.

Just gone through a similar thing accident happened in about September last year a few forms to fill in than an quick check by there insurance doctors.

Felt bad about doing it at 1st ( but dosn't everbody do it) just recived a settlement of a grand(ish)

Think is't one of those morral things!

I went the opposite direction but then I believe in communal stream theory. I wouldnt claim unless I was proper injured, a sore neck for a few days isnt proper injured. All these ambulance chasers and those who take them up for minor claims do is raise the cost of insurance which is passed onto us the consumers

That's pretty much my view as well (although I've never been totally sold on the communal stream principal). I've found it quite hard to stick to the straight and narrow in the face of the onslaught of cold calling from various firms promising to get me £££s for little or no effort.

Right. Time time to regrow my spine. I may not be better off as a result but I will feel better about myself and that is worth more to me.

treat them like telemarketers, the best way is to simply tell them to hold the line whilst you get a pen because what they are telling you is important to you and like to write things down......... then just leave the phone off the hook with that feker hanging on the line........

you achieve three things.

1. you tie that asshole up for about 10 minutes where he cant bother the next victim

2. you slowly erode their will to continue the chase

3. you most likely get struck off their list when they call back and you do exactly the same thing again

Ive had indian telemarketers experience that and call back for more... gave them more... after 15 minutes checked the phone they were gone... hung it up.... b*st*rds rang me right back !!! legends !!!!

then I pulled out the secret weapon.... I have a really high pitched whistle I use on them.... a couple of blasts of that nasty shyate and they are GONE for good. :chuckle::icecream:

I would work on the basis that if you were injured and were or had suffered then you are perfectly entitled to claim.

If the symptoms have now disappeard then to me that answers your question.

Glad you are getting your car sorted out, now that would be painful if it didn't happen :crying_anim02:

Archived