Renewal and no blame claim increase

I was more worried about the paw and claw marks all over the dash blushing.gif

Or, as one of my friends found out via his wife, the upside down footprint on the inside of the windscreen....

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or, as one of my friends found out via his wife, the upside down footprint on the inside of the windscreen....

I can understand right way up footprints but not one upside down one. Additional thrust? Diagram required!

The claims dept at Admiral just dont seem to be responding to any mails i send, So the next step may be a solicitors letter to them (another cost i will reclaim).I will wait until Friday though before i make an appointment.

How can you claim the cost of a solicitor's letter from her if it's your own insurance company that's not answering your letters....?

I can understand right way up footprints but not one upside down one. Additional thrust? Diagram required!

Maybe he was bashing her back doors in :whistle1:

Glyn good for you mate I can totally see where you are coming from :thumbsup_still:

OK, i have again today rang the company, they have stated they have received my mails and that they are 2 to 3 weeks behind but will be in touch.

As the quote was based on my renewal they wont confirm just how much the premium has raised on the wifes premium until nearer her renewal date - which is August 31st, so i have to wait until then.

I am going to print out from confused.com a quote without the claim declared and another with claim declared to establish the difference, but again i have to wait until we are within 30 days of her renewal date for the companies to be able to offer their quote.

Im not confident that Admiral will provide me with documentation that indicates the premium increase as a result of this no blame claim so i may only have the confused.com quotes to be able to prove "damages"

I think this will be enough.

I didnt realise insurrance companies loaded premiums for no blame claims and i still dont accept risk is increased unless your own actions contribute to a claim unless there is some dispute as to whether your actions contributed to it. If you are not with the car how can there be any responsibility on yourself for someone else damaging it.

The companies all want you to take their legal liability cover to recover uninsurred losses but they have infoirmed me my claim is not something they could help with, so, in future if someone damages my car and i have no input into that damage i need to claim for,

The Damage

The hire car

The premium increase for no blame claim

The reduced loss in value of the car because its now a minimum of Cat D.

Is there anything else i have not thought about?

Just Renewed my insurance gone up by seventy quid due to a no fault claim on my wife who is named driver.did asyou did before and after comparisons btw you know confused and admiral are the same company?

hi glyn same thing happened to me a couple of years ago . Some tw-t reversed into my car i wasn't even in it.I rang my insurer and started the clamp.Any way the bloke admitted it and his insurance took over a replair the car. I didn't make a clamp with my insurance. I got the renewal at £400 more.They said to me due to you having an accident you are more lightly to have an other one which is crazy. so i said to them if i don't have an accident for the next 5 years can i have my inflated costs back .Guess what they laughed . I don't see how that is illegal if you are not at fault that means your not at fault .But we will charge you for it any way. Don.t no why we all put up with it .

• 1 month later...

An update as promised.

It is now only a few weeks away from my wifes insurrance renewal and Admiral have still not sent the renewal quote,(They did send a letter last week indicating they couldnt quote until three weeks before the due date and a reminder that No blame claims do affect premiums) however, i have once again been on Confused.com and had quotes for the next year.

I have obtained two quotes, one without the no blame claim being declared and the second with it declared, Admiral have not provided a quote on either search, however, 132 others did and there was no difference between premiums on both searches - so at least i dont have to consider further litigation against the other driver to recover any damages and it also seems that Admiral are the only company who want to increase the premium as a result of this no blame claim.

I just wonder if this premiun increase is the result of the second year auto renewal premium hike insurrance companies do hoping you wont shop around and look for a better deal.

Admiral will not be getting the business this year as a quote i have from a very respectable company has quoted £60 less than Admirals last year premium (An amazing £159 fully comp for a now 2 year old Fiesta Zetec S)

Insurrance shouldnt be this complicated

A further update - Admiral at last have mailed the renewal premium - A superb £254.40, So just £94 dearer.

Goodbye Admiral

Did it have the "no blame" on the quote?

It may not have made it in the system on time!

BestGear, yes it did have the no blame claim on the quote.

I obtained quotes without it added and then quotes with it added, Admiral didnt quote on either but 132 others did and all quotes were identical.

My Daughter who is 19 has a 1.6 2003 Focus, fully comp is also insurred with Admiral, Myself and My Wife are also named drivers, Her insurrance is due 1st September, I did a quote on Confused with the wifes no blame claim included and Admiral quoted on this, Admiral have sent the renewal premium paperwork to us - £532, however, on Confused they quote £456 - so i have contacted them and renewed at the £456 - they wouldnt explain why they quoted £532 but online £456 - I wonder if they just make the premiums up, none of it makes any sense.

The moral of the story is to have no loyalty and get a quote every year from a comparisson site, This year i have saved £160 on two cars insurrance, why oh why cant i just trust companies not to try and rip me off, indeed, for the first time in 20 years i had a quote for home and contents insurrance and saved another £350.

Archived