A Plan cancelled my insurance - can they do this?

Top marks to A-Plan for giving a straight forward honest answer, they made a mistake and have said sorry, they haven't tried to pass the buck or blame computer error, quite a refreshing change.

I got a call from Steve last night, as I was heading out I requested that he email me as it was not convenient to discuss and I wanted a written record of his communication to ensure there was no misunderstanding. He duly complied with the email below, I accept that in any business mistakes are made and it’s the manner in which they are rectified once discovered that is important. I consider that this matter has now been resolved satisfactorily and providing that cover is maintained I consider it closed.

I would suggest that Steve makes a procedural change to ensure that no individual has their cover withdrawn without a prior warning that explicitly states “your cover will be cancelled if you fail to respond within 7 days”

Regarding the generous offer of £100 remuneration, I’d be grateful if Steve could donate it to BoXa.net, it’s a great site and I’m grateful that they have permitted me to post this topic without moderator involvement.

Dear Mr ********

I have seen your post on BoXa.net today. I have just been back to the office (that is when I tried to call you to explain). Unfortunately I do not have a good explanation for what has happened. I did receive your email that you sent me 26th May along with Mr ******* driving licence which was scanned onto your file. Due to our administration error we have then sent you a further letter advising we have still not received it. Due to the letter being a further follow up, it has to give the statement that we will have to begin the policy cancellation process in 7 days.

This is totally our error and can only give my apologies for the worry, concern and disappointment you must be feeling. At no point would the policy have been cancelled as I cancel all policies personally and would have seen this error and contacted you.

I hope you feel you can give me the opportunity to continue to look after your policy and regain your faith in A-Plan and myself. I understand if you feel you can not continue your policy and I will give you a full pro rata refund without any administration charges. With either decision you make I would also like to offer you £100.00 for the worry and inconvenience that we have caused you.

On a 2nd point, A-Plan have been in business 50 years this year, we have used Markerstudy for many years and we have always found their service exceptional, especially if a claim occurs. Markerstudy are part of a bigger group (Zenith Insurance) and their main market of business is high performance and modified cars. Unfortunately with this nature of business and mainly the modified market, some car owners do not always declare all of their modifications and some do not advise of all or some motoring convictions with the hope of lower premiums. Like all insurers, if a claim happens and there are non disclosed claims, conviction or other details then again like all insurers will not pay out for all or part of a claim. As this is Markerstudys main market they do have more non payout claims than other insurers.

With all insurers, if everything is disclosed, there will never be a problem. Markerstudys repair network (if your not using your own garage) has one of the highest quality satisfaction feed back in the market.

I really do hope you accept my apology and look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards

Steve Marsh

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:worship:

I love happy endings :thumbsup_still:

Exy your love of happy endings is well documented on the Pattaya massage forum!

I got a call from Steve last night, as I was heading out I requested that he email me as it was not convenient to discuss and I wanted a written record of his communication to ensure there was no misunderstanding. He duly complied with the email below, I accept that in any business mistakes are made and it’s the manner in which they are rectified once discovered that is important. I consider that this matter has now been resolved satisfactorily and providing that cover is maintained I consider it closed.

I would suggest that Steve makes a procedural change to ensure that no individual has their cover withdrawn without a prior warning that explicitly states “your cover will be cancelled if you fail to respond within 7 days”

Regarding the generous offer of £100 remuneration, I’d be grateful if Steve could donate it to BoXa.net, it’s a great site and I’m grateful that they have permitted me to post this topic without moderator involvement.

Dear Mr ********

I have seen your post on BoXa.net today. I have just been back to the office (that is when I tried to call you to explain). Unfortunately I do not have a good explanation for what has happened. I did receive your email that you sent me 26th May along with Mr ******* driving licence which was scanned onto your file. Due to our administration error we have then sent you a further letter advising we have still not received it. Due to the letter being a further follow up, it has to give the statement that we will have to begin the policy cancellation process in 7 days.

This is totally our error and can only give my apologies for the worry, concern and disappointment you must be feeling. At no point would the policy have been cancelled as I cancel all policies personally and would have seen this error and contacted you.

I hope you feel you can give me the opportunity to continue to look after your policy and regain your faith in A-Plan and myself. I understand if you feel you can not continue your policy and I will give you a full pro rata refund without any administration charges. With either decision you make I would also like to offer you £100.00 for the worry and inconvenience that we have caused you.

On a 2nd point, A-Plan have been in business 50 years this year, we have used Markerstudy for many years and we have always found their service exceptional, especially if a claim occurs. Markerstudy are part of a bigger group (Zenith Insurance) and their main market of business is high performance and modified cars. Unfortunately with this nature of business and mainly the modified market, some car owners do not always declare all of their modifications and some do not advise of all or some motoring convictions with the hope of lower premiums. Like all insurers, if a claim happens and there are non disclosed claims, conviction or other details then again like all insurers will not pay out for all or part of a claim. As this is Markerstudys main market they do have more non payout claims than other insurers.

With all insurers, if everything is disclosed, there will never be a problem. Markerstudys repair network (if your not using your own garage) has one of the highest quality satisfaction feed back in the market.

I really do hope you accept my apology and look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards

Steve Marsh

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:worship:

I love happy endings :thumbsup_still:

Exy your love of happy endings is well documented on the Pattaya massage forum!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had to google that :laugh:

Rest assured it's now on me bucket list :thumbsup_still:

Glad you got sorted chum!

Yep, I too will not touch them with a barge pole. Too interested in ducking out of a claim than actually acting on one.

That said if it hadn't been for me complaining to the A-Plan branch manager, I would have been carless for 6 weeks. A-plan could see sense, and took responsibility for the hire car costs etc stating they would sort it out with the underwritters directly.

If you do a search on 'Marketstudy reviews' , you will find out that your not the only dissatisfied customer.

Archived