Young driver being quoted cheap insurance.

Jiggins

Hi,

I'm new to BoXa.net, so hello!

I have a query regarding insurance. I'm 19, with 1 year NCB and 2 years driving experience. (No accidents/claims). I live in a decent post code and have both a full time and part time job. So I work long hours, every day of the week.

I really want to get myself a Boxster, but obviously due to my age I've always viewed this as an impossible dream for now due to insurance premiums. Regardless, I thought I'd get some quotes.

I went onto gocompare and checked what it would cost for me to insure a 2.7 987 Boxster with all of the previously mentioned details. I also included both my parents as named drivers who have been driving most their lives, with 10 years+ NCB. I was quoted just over £1.4k by admiral, elephant and a couple of others.

Is this too good to be true, like will I get declined when I try to pay for it or something or am I likely to genuinely get accepted at this price?

I appreciate no one may know for sure, but I'm eager to hear your opinions.

Thanks a lot.

My apologies, the years of NCD for my parents was an extra piece of information I added in. I was not asked for that, just how long they'd held there license.

The quote was in my name as the main driver and registered keeper - fully comprehensive.

Thanks a lot for the help here. I didn't want to purchase the car and then be disallowed the insurance. I'm not looking to purchase for a couple of months anyway but I'll deffinitly give them a call prior and update as to how it goes. :)

Thanks again!

That does sound like an exceptionally good quote - my son was paying more than for a group 1 Citroen C1 at that age - also good postcode etc etc.

As there were a number of quotes about the same price you should be fine.

If there was just one who was much cheaper than the others I would have been inclined to worry.

Excellent quote!

Archived