Trackday at Anglesey Next Friday anyone?

noggieboxa

This may no longer be the right page for this chat, but is anyone planning on going to Anglesey for the Trackdays event next Fri? I will be there in my 987S. Good to meet up with any fellow Boxanetters. 

Let me know on this and we can PM if necessary.  ?

So, I went and did the trackday at Anglesey and was the only Boxster on the circuit.  You will be pleased to hear that we held our own against the (911) GT3 and the Cayman GT4 that were also there, pretty well (OK - we got monstered!), but showed that the Box is just as good in the corners and we only lost them with their extra power on the straights.

What a brilliant circuit!  The warning light for the rear brake pads came on about half way through (yes, I should have changed them out before the day), but we still had enough to finish most of the day and get home safely.  Only disappointment was the new Michelin Pilot Sports that I had fitted just before the day.  Pax side front was down to fabric on the outer edge with a serious tear about 30mm along the entire outer edge, which meant we had to end the day early.  All of the other 3 tyres showed even wear.  Drove home very carefully....  Have contacted Michelin to get their comments as I think we got a dodgy tyre......

I did Anglesey a couple weeks back and also had heavy wear on passenger side front outer edge, I wondered if I had the pressure wrong. At the hairpin and the banking I was getting a fair bit of understeer on occasion, the run out of church up to the hill is a real adrenalin rush, think I saw 118 before breaking for rocket.:arrowhead:

@Andy Mac I'm also looking at doing the 14th with Javelin, its a great circuit.

Tony - I didnt have enough spare ability to look at the speedo when I was driving! But my son got up to 110+ along Church to Rocket when he was driving - and I was the scared pax.  Interestingly, when I thought I should start braking for rocket (at probably 110+ ! ), my instructor encouraged me to 'power on' through the last slight right hander, apparently to set the car up better for the 90 left.  Seemed bonkers the first time, but actually seemed to work - if you've got big enough danglies.

Interesting that we both had the same tyre experience. An (even more) expensive day out if it's also going to cost a new front tyre every trip!

Enjoy your day on the 14th (and Andy Mac).

Archived