2005 and 2006 owners, can you check this please?

Paul O

Hi all,

would an owner or two mind looking in their glovebox and see if it has an airbag deactivation switch please?

i don't think 2005s have them as standard, but ive read  2006s do. But not convinced. Could you confirm?

thanks!

99104480071lra.jpg

My 2005 has an airbag deactivation switch on the passenger side (it's covered by the door when the door is closed), and a light near the handbrake that shows whether the switch is engaged or not.  As far as I know this was a factory option on the 2005 987.

On 8 July 2016 at 8:40 AM, xavster said:

The later ones (2006? Or 2007?) have a weight sensor that disables the airbags automatically when the belt is buckled and their is insufficient weight on the seat.

Ah yes I remember reading that, but it seemed that there was no way of knowing if you had the model which had this feature or not. If I get one, I'll have the deactivation fitted I think just to be sure.

thanks all

On 7/5/2016 at 10:19 PM, Sdm395 said:

airbag deactivation switch on the passenger side (it's covered by the door when the door is closed), and a light near the handbrake that shows whether the switch is engaged or not.

Same here, 2006 987.1 S

Archived