water is getting in but drains are clear

Fatal8446

ok so checked and cleared my drain points and they are clear, however i still appear to be getting water in behind the seats on a rainy day. had any one any ideas before I start tearing it apart??

al 

Hi there 

Ive got similar on my 986s, check the foam liner in the clam shell.

Also check the carpet on the bottom of your doors, sometimes it leaks through the membrane in the doors and runs behind the seat. 

Mine seems to be leaking through the cabin filter box and running underneath the carpet to the back of the passengers seat.

Good luck 

5 hours ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

Hi there 

Ive got similar on my 986s, check the foam liner in the clam shell.

Also check the carpet on the bottom of your doors, sometimes it leaks through the membrane in the doors and runs behind the seat. 

Mine seems to be leaking through the cabin filter box and running underneath the carpet to the back of the passengers seat.

Good luck 

+1 to all that above.

Just replaced the passenger door membrane on my 987. I made a habit of running my glands along the door carpet after washing & it was always dry. However I noticed that there was a little moisture on the groove of the door seal recently. Sure enough, putting my hand on the carpet where it runs underneath revealed a load of water that was obviously entering the cabin. 

Slightly different repair on the 987 to the 986 though as the door membrane is a metal panel with a foam strip rather than a foam membrane.

11 hours ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

Surely you don't run you glands round the door carpet, that would be strange ?You mean hands.

Your glands are more sensitive?

19 hours ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

Surely you don't run you glands round the door carpet, that would be strange ?You mean hands.

8 hours ago, T911UK said:

Your glands are more sensitive?

Hehe! Guess the heat got to me yesterday, bloody predictive text on an iPad! :)

On 19 July 2016 at 4:24 PM, Fatal8446 said:

ok so checked and cleared my drain points and they are clear, however i still appear to be getting water in behind the seats on a rainy day. had any one any ideas before I start tearing it apart??

al 

I had the same problem a while back and it was the bottom door seals. Water runs along them when driving in the wet. the carpet was soaked behind drivers seat but new bottom door rubber seals fixed it for me. 

Archived