just wanted to say

mckennas

1 hour ago, mckennas said:

you are not wrong, I had to agree to give up my sports bike to get it but no regrets here

I hope you got the car first, and now forget to sell the bike. ;) 

Took the Ducati out today, first time in months as its in Ireland and I am in UK. Driving through local town at about 20-25mph, big red noisy 750, lights on, wearing red bike jacket and a woman in a Hyundai 4 wheel drive thing still doesn't see or hear me despite pedestrians also shouting at her, thanks to defensive, riding low speed and good tyres there was no collision but it does make me think about giving up the bike altogether and sticking with the Boxster. Clip ons and rearsets also not 55 year old rider friendly.

Unfortunately a very similar thing happened to me 4 or 5 years ago. I was knocked off of a Ducati 749S by a nice lady who didn't see me. It was a slow crash, I spent a week in hospital and had a four hour operation for a broken hand and leg. I had 4 bikes at the time, now I have one Boxster and another nice lady crashed into that about 6 weeks ago - nothing broken this time though. (apart form the cars bumper.....)

8 hours ago, pgk188 said:

Unfortunately a very similar thing happened to me 4 or 5 years ago. I was knocked off of a Ducati 749S by a nice lady who didn't see me. It was a slow crash, I spent a week in hospital and had a four hour operation for a broken hand and leg. I had 4 bikes at the time, now I have one Boxster and another nice lady crashed into that about 6 weeks ago - nothing broken this time though. (apart form the cars bumper.....)

Is it personal do you think?

Archived