Rear spoiler change

Mike G

Does anyone know if the  rear spoiler that can bee attached on the existing lift posts in place of the factory spoiler is available in the UK anywhere ?

This one in particular

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1997-2004-Porsche-Boxster-986-Turbo-Style-Rear-Spoiler-/222251132431?var=&hash=item33bf33260f:m:msnRSQCNtFZ2fmIR-8Y2YvA

Why does it matter if it's in the UK? If it's here then it's only come from abroad anyway. I bought mine from I don't know where but have just donated it via here. 

1 hour ago, edc said:

Why does it matter if it's in the UK? If it's here then it's only come from abroad anyway. I bought mine from I don't know where but have just donated it via here. 

Because  spending that sort of money its going to be cheaper to return if its cr*p

It should arrive quicker

Theres no chance of being stung with additional charges

The post might be cheaper if its not free

If its somewhere vaguely near me I could see it in person 

Thats why I asked about the UK

This seller has sold them in the past https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111634056056 

most people selling this on eBay are mail order type places only so you aren't like to be able to pop to a shop and see it. Many will be delivered straight from the distributor abroad even if you order from a UK company. 

Mine came from abroad. Either Poland or China but no extra charges. 

No idea, mine drives exactly the same as it did before fitting it. 

I tend to boot it about the normal roads and get up to 70-80 on the country roads. I think the most I've had it upto is 110 with both spoilers on the same road, made no difference...

Looks better in down position imho but I'm still toying with the idea of going back to original spoiler, I think it looks cleaner when down but butt ugly when up.....

12 hours ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

27760947982_fe3e9a117c_b.jpg

Like this one?

25237782273_2911c4d6f7_b.jpg

25080789823_e70434830b_b.jpg

25707394595_5d1739d3f7_b.jpg

25586355272_7bef503356_b.jpg

This one was from the states pre painted, so the colour match isn't amazing! Also these last pictures were when I fitted it so it's been adjusted a bit since then for a better fit.

Thanks for posting those pictures...a couple of questions though, 

How secure is the fixing to the top of the tubes as it looks like the spoiler is'nt made to slide onto them a bit and just perches on top ?

also the mounts look a bit off centre with the posts in one of the pictures  ??  are the centres of the top of the posts not exact with the spoiler ?

Mike

Hi Mike

If you're fancy one of these spoilers buy it unpainted, I marked the paint in a few places getting it to fit properly. Also you will get a better paint match painting over here!

The fitting is a strange arrangement as the base of the spoiler sits on top of your struts. You have to reach inside the holes on the back to tighten it using a short Allen key ( very awkward)!

Being as the spoiler is fibre glass the fit isn't perfect, so I filed the fixing holes and also sanded the bases of the legs so it sat better on the struts. All of this would have been easier unpainted ?

25707398325_c8e12308db_b.jpg

You also want to do something f to fill the base support void to give some extra strength. Mine was resin filled with mixed success as it did still eventually crack. 

Archived