Bootifull

Mr96er

I am still not sure about the "smiley" Porsche though........as in Daniel's post I wonder if the P O R S C H E ought to be a slightly less curved than the lid aperature.......:wacko:

On 10/27/2016 at 8:20 PM, Daniel Joseph said:

My 981 has the "debadge" option, with just the P O R S C H E lettering on the bootlid.  The "official" positioning has 40mm spaces between each letter and the letters follow a slight upward curve, though not as much as the curvature of bottom edge of the bootlid: the gap between the bottom of the P and the E and the bottom edge of the bootlid is 73mm.  The gap between the bottom of the S and the bottom edge of the bootlid is 81mm.  I think this is done to make the lettering look straight when seen against the curvature of the bootlid.   If the letters were actually in a straight line, they would appear to be curving downwards, like a "sad" face.

I suspect this is a very key point (and adds to the "personal taste" comment, above). I guess it's actually not a question of measurement but of successfully creating an optical illusion which "looks right".  Comparable example; I had to hang a curtain rail, but the ceiling nine inches above it is not level.   So either I hang it parallel to the window, which makes it look wonky next to to the ceiling, or parallel to the ceiling, which makes it look wonky next to the window. Pretty sure what I did was go for (approx) the halfway point between, which seems to make the three lines look vaguely parallel from the other end of the room.

Lay out several times before sticking :) 

Archived