Wing mirror glass smashed and detached.

el 3.2S

Had a very close call on the small back road coming back from the supermarket today. Met a guy coming the other way who was hiking on and well over to my side of the road. I was as far over to the side as I could get and our wing mirrors collided with a large impact. I had the roof and windows down and the impact caused the glass to shatter and detach itself, whack me on the arm before landing on my lap.I was unscathed and quite glad I had my sunglasses on as the inside of the car was showered in tiny glass shards. I feared the worst for the outer wing mirror and paintwork but incredibly the heavy rubbery scuff came out with T cut leaving not a mark and the black plastic under part popped back in. Such a sturdy construction, really hope the other guy's mirror in the old  Peugeot did not fare so well....

Damage:

mirror1_zpsgciee4ls.jpg

mirror2_zps18the5ek.jpg

Do I only need to get the glass and then stick it onto the plastic holder part? The plastic part is undamaged. It was the left hand wing mirror with the wide angle feature. Have seen a few on E Bay but they do not appear to be tinted like mine is. Anyone purchased such an item before & from where?

Not been a good day today, as the dishwasher packed in this morning.

44 minutes ago, T24RES said:

Or one from the breakers. The elements do fail over the years, but S.Spain probably gets away without the heaters. 

Yes, the heater part is not really necessary for me as my car never sees cold or damp or even a steamed up window!

25 minutes ago, lordlee said:

Can't multi quote. Good find thanks. That is exaclty what I need. I presume the "blue" part is just reference to it being tinted?

1 hour ago, el 3.2S said:

Can't multi quote.

Yes you can.  Hit the + rather than the 'quote' for all of the original posts you want, then his the 'quote 3 posts' in the bottom right corner when you make your reply. :)

1 hour ago, el 3.2S said:

Can't multi quote. Good find thanks. That is exaclty what I need. I presume the "blue" part is just reference to it being tinted?

:P:P

30 minutes ago, Araf said:

Yes you can.  Hit the + rather than the 'quote' for all of the original posts you want, then his the 'quote 3 posts' in the bottom right corner when you make your reply. :)

Oohhh thanks for that :lol::)

Archived