So is the 981 set up nicely for heel and toe?

Leonard

Had quite a sedate test drive due to traffic so looking fwd to a more spirited drive back from dealer on Thursday through Wales :wub: Current cars pedal position is little poor. But gearing is short and doesnt need much blip. In fact dont think ive ever had a manual car with as long a gearing as the Boxster :ph34r:

It depends as much on the relative pedal height as much as the spacing between the pedals. I found some alu pedals on my 986 worked perfectly for me to improve heel and toe-ability.

Have you tried PDK?  the gearing is a little shorter on them and it's a brilliant 'box so well worth trying unless you are completely set on a manual.

10 minutes ago, RBD914 v2 said:

Heretic!

Don't understand your comment, is it some sort of a (misguided) 'dig' at my comment?

What I said was just my opinion and was meant as a helpful suggestion - nothing more!

OK, none taken now I get what you were on about.  And no we don't need the manual vs PDK debate again!  I just thought it might be helpful to the OP to know PDK is lower geared as he was complaining about high gearing.

2 minutes ago, Gorsh said:

OK, none taken now I get what you were on about.  And no we don't need the manual vs PDK debate again!  I just thought it might be helpful to the OP to know PDK is lower geared as he was complaining about high gearing.

Yes I know you were trying to be helpful mate - no offence intended!

I find the pedals are positioned fine for H & T (size 10s) it's just the fly by wire throttle and the Ecu trying to work out how much gas to give per throttle jab that's the difficult bit. Sometimes too many revs, sometimes too few, it seems to want to try and guess  rather than just blip. I'm getting better after two months but it is a challenge. My Honda Elise with it's direct cable to throttle body was far easier and more consistent in getting the right response blip. 

Still wouldn't swap for a PDK, that's the challenge of a manual in a drivers car.

Archived