PCM and phone connection

Leonard

Sorry I deleted this post because i thought i had fixed.. However I can only get bluetooth music connection, but no phone connection. Do all PCM have bluetooth phone connection. Or are some sim only. Thankyou. Reg 30/11/12

But Rufus, do you have either 'mobile phone prep' or the 'telephone module' as an option on your car - I think Leonard possibly has neither (although I must admit I thought if you just had the underlying PCM system but neither of those options, I didn't think you'd get a BT connection for audio either).

I get the BT audio via the media button and settings in options. However the phone buttons do nothing..

On my phone if i slide the 'calls slider' over in BT settings it just slides back to no....

21 minutes ago, Jon61 said:

But Rufus, do you have either 'mobile phone prep' or the 'telephone module' as an option on your car - I think Leonard possibly has neither (although I must admit I thought if you just had the underlying PCM system but neither of those options, I didn't think you'd get a BT connection for audio either).

Your right pal

just checked and I have prep for mobile phone on my spec list sheet

im astounded that Porsche communications management doesn't communicate with Bluetooth, but I stand corrected... the cheeky sods

2 hours ago, Leonard said:

I get the BT audio via the media button and settings in options. However the phone buttons do nothing..

On my phone if i slide the 'calls slider' over in BT settings it just slides back to no....

you dont control the PCM system via the phone for calls...you use the PCM to control the phone!(there would be no point having a BT handsfree system if you then have to use your phone to instigate the calls, well not a premium system anyway)

Press the telephone button middle of PCM console and go from there...

I believe they stopped putting an options sticker in the service book (and under the frunk lid) ages ago. The sticker for my 981 has the VIN and colour codes on it, but not the options like they used to list on the 986. If you want the definitive list, you have to get hold of a copy of the original spec - sometimes it will be in the paperwork, I think you can get some sort of certificate showing it through PCGB if you're a member, or some people have just got them by asking nicely at their OPC (and showing their V5C to prove current ownership).

If you had option 666 (telephone module) then there would be a slot for a SIM card at the bottom of the PCM between the 'next track' and 'car' buttons. 619 (telephone prep) probably isn't physically obvious, but if it (or 666) was present, pressing the phone button should bring up the settings to pair a phone.

20 minutes ago, Jon61 said:

I believe they stopped putting an options sticker in the service book (and under the frunk lid) ages ago. The sticker for my 981 has the VIN and colour codes on it, but not the options like they used to list on the 986. If you want the definitive list, you have to get hold of a copy of the original spec - sometimes it will be in the paperwork, I think you can get some sort of certificate showing it through PCGB if you're a member, or some people have just got them by asking nicely at their OPC (and showing their V5C to prove current ownership).

If you had option 666 (telephone module) then there would be a slot for a SIM card at the bottom of the PCM between the 'next track' and 'car' buttons. 619 (telephone prep) probably isn't physically obvious, but if it (or 666) was present, pressing the phone button should bring up the settings to pair a phone.

Alternatively, if you send an e-mail to Porsche UK, quoting your registration number and VIN and attaching a pdf copy of the first two pages of your V5 to confirm your ownership (yes, I know it doesn't!) they will send you the full list of of the factory options fitted to your car (not the codes, the actual options!).  The e-mail address is:

Customer.Assistance@porsche.co.uk

I got mine recently in this way. 

I think they all have the SIM slot, whether you have 666 or not.  The phone kit is retrofittable (at a ridiculous cost) so it makes sense to have a standard basic unit with the slot. 

If you PM me your VIN and email address, I can try to get the build spec for your car.

15 hours ago, Richard Hamilton said:

I think they all have the SIM slot, whether you have 666 or not.

I did wonder that, but saw pictures in the brochure without the slot - but on reflection that was probably the CDR unit rather than the PCM.

Archived