Trace my old 986

martyn

Hi all, I am trying to trace my old 986. Reg SN04BEY red boxster S. Sold it about 5-6 years ago and would love to know what's happened to it since then. It is taxed tested and insured so just wondered if anyone here owns it or knows of it?

3 minutes ago, Southy said:

seems like the new owner does very little miles, at least she probably is being pampered and looked after

Or it's being driven hard and abused so much that the speedo drive hasn't been fixed for years. ;) 

If it helps, it's on it's 5th owner, and currently on around 82,000 miles.

It was last bought on the 10th April 2015, and the owner before that bought the car on 20th April 2013.

That's mostly from doing some brief online checks

16 minutes ago, cj225 said:

If it helps, it's on it's 5th owner, and currently on around 82,000 miles.

It was last bought on the 10th April 2015, and the owner before that bought the car on 20th April 2013.

That's mostly from doing some brief online checks

Thanks, how did you find that out? All I thought you could check up on is whether it's taxed tested and insured.... 

I don't suppose you can find out the general area where it's registered??

Just now, martyn said:

Thanks, how did you find that out? All I thought you could check up on is whether it's taxed tested and insured.... 

I don't suppose you can find out the general area where it's registered??

I can't, unfortunately.

All with the sites and techniques that are in the first post of the buying guide I have in the 'How To' section.

5 owners, I was the 2nd so 3 more owners in 5-6 years, plus IIRC it had about 62k miles on the clock when I sold it so approx 20k done in that time also.

Have attached a couple of pics I have just dug up.

IMG_0049.JPG

IMG_0050.JPG

Archived