Hard top

big mike

I have one, in black to match my car, and I never use it. When it's on, I get a drip of water in the wet that runs down the seals into the passenger side. It came with the car and before I replaced the soft top with a new one, I had to use it because the old soft top also leaked. Hardtop are notorious for leaking if they aren't adjusted properly but mine also has a bodged repair from a previous owner, so the leak is in the rack rails somewhere.

The new soft top is a car hood warehouse one with a glass rear window, and it's great, so I stopped using the hard top all together.

The hard top is a massive pain to get off, you need two people to do it, and when I got the car I had to repair a badly touched up gouge where someone had obviously dropped the hardtop into the boot as they took it off.

Last winter I found that the months of wetness in the air all the time made the inside of the car damp with only a soft top so this year I put in one of those water absorbing bags and bought a cabrio shield tailored soft top cover. This year the inside of my car is bone dry. Again, another good reason not to bother with the hard top. 

I keep mine in the basement at my house - it's a plant room that houses the boiler among other things, so it's warm and dry all year round. 

I'll leave it there until I sell the car but to be honest I plan to daily drive mine until it's broken. 

Hi,

Juts sold mine online for around 450 quid.

Think if I left it another 4 weeks or so wohkd.not get as much.

I put it on ebay.

Auction only and started at 99p and just would take what I would get.

I'm in berkshire and some one is coming from Yorkshire week Tuesday. 

Hope that helps 

Archived