Policy for multiple and changing Boxsters?

Something to go with a dealer'S plate without a dealer's plate.

* Strictly only 1 driver.

* In California, I had one policy for 3 trucks.

---

Another question: I have a full British dl and never had an accident, but I've been abroad. Does this mean that I won't get a NCB, no claims bonus?!? :huh: :blink:

Chris

Your NCB lapses after 2 years without a policy IIRC.

There doesn't seem to be a hard and fast rule on validity of NCB. Some insurers will accept it if you have had a policy within the last few years and you seem to be able to negotiate on this.

I knew a chap in his 60's who had never held insurance in his own name as he had always had company cars. When he retired he got a letter from his company stating this and the insurance gave him a discount based on the strength of that.

I carried my NCB over from Australia (had to show docs to prove I had it).  Also, when I switched from Aussie licence to UK there was a significant drop in the premium so may be worth considering as well.

Some companies will carry over NCB from abroad. Not the cheapest ones though so if you can prove insurance history then the first year you'll probably be paying a bit more but then once you're in the system you can get quotes much easier.

Archived