Pic of multi play cd and sat nav units in 987.1 frunk

moneypit

Hi, hoping for a favour here.........can someone who has both of these units in the frunk of their 987.1 post a couple of pics up so I can see what bracketry there is.......I'm trying to figure out what I need to add the multi play, not having much success at the mo! Cheers.

It was a long time ago, but we had both in our first 987.  If you just have Nav at the moment then it is on the deck in the cubby at the rear of the front boot.

The multichanger does in that place, and the Nav DVD drive mounts on a bracket above it.  The bracket should look something like this.

001.jpg

I have both in the frunk, one on top of the other. The mounts are separate but joined with little spring clips that slide together. 

4 hours ago, Araf said:

It was a long time ago, but we had both in our first 987.  If you just have Nav at the moment then it is on the deck in the cubby at the rear of the front boot.

The multichanger does in that place, and the Nav DVD drive mounts on a bracket above it.  The bracket should look something like this.

001.jpg

Thanks, that will help.  I've ( in theory ) found a changer from a reputable source, and they say they can supply me with a small amount of harness with the correct connector for the MOST lead, but the bracket arrangement has me scratching my head at the mo.....didn't realise the nav had to move to accommodate the cd player, so that's progress.

I have a mate at the local Porsche dealer who's trying to help, and has emailed an exploded diagram of all the relevant parts, but it's obviously not specific to my car as the chassis number needs to be from a car with the multi changer fitted from new to help. 

If anyone who has both the sat nav and cd player fitted is happy to let me use their chassis number to get part numbers, that would be a great help.

12 minutes ago, moneypit said:

If anyone who has both the sat nav and cd player fitted is happy to let me use their chassis number to get part numbers, that would be a great help.

Now that I can help with!  I found a picture of the old options sticker from our old one earlier today.  Give me 5 mins @moneypit. :)

3 hours ago, Batesy66 said:

I have both in the frunk, one on top of the other. The mounts are separate but joined with little spring clips that slide together. 

Sorry, just seen this, thanks. I saw on the diagram the dealer sent me that there seem to be 2 separate cages and a mounting bracket like the one Araf posted earlier. Currently, mine has the nav unit sitting in what looks like a cage on the " floor " of the compartment in the frunk, looks like I need another cage for the cd player, a bracket to mount them to and some clips to hold the two cages together. Not immediately obvious how the nav is released from the current position.

The dealer gave me a rough idea of a new price for the bracket, only about £20.

1D25ABDC-A8C6-4893-8C19-4B2872E2B753_zps

@moneypit Best I could do tonight, I don't even know what that grey box is, is it a multi changer :D I have PCM but not sure I've played a CD on it in the 8 yrs I've owned it!

Tell me if this is what you need, I can get better tomorrow night.

i don't know, you posh types that don't need CD players anymore!!!!!! I got a new work laptop today and that doesn't have a disc player. I didn't realise discs where such old technology these days. God I feel old. But I digress:

monetpit, this is my set up in the frunk:

hope it helps  

6C266B49-C4A3-4709-A581-A86934A30D19_zps

1F235C5C-0E3B-4AE1-89B9-E052F680A791_zps

1 hour ago, Menoporsche said:

1D25ABDC-A8C6-4893-8C19-4B2872E2B753_zps

@moneypit Best I could do tonight, I don't even know what that grey box is, is it a multi changer :D I have PCM but not sure I've played a CD on it in the 8 yrs I've owned it!

Tell me if this is what you need, I can get better tomorrow night.

Er...are you sure you actually have a CD multichanger?  It should be there  but isn't! ?

20 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

No idea and don't care; the flat 6 with PSE is all I listen to!

Certainly better that Portuguese radio. :shutup: 

1 hour ago, Batesy66 said:

i don't know, you posh types that don't need CD players anymore!!!!!! I got a new work laptop today and that doesn't have a disc player. I didn't realise discs where such old technology these days. God I feel old. But I digress:

monetpit, this is my set up in the frunk:

hope it helps  

6C266B49-C4A3-4709-A581-A86934A30D19_zps

1F235C5C-0E3B-4AE1-89B9-E052F680A791_zps

Thanks for this, very helpful, I'm all over it!

Well, that was pretty painless. Collected the multi play unit from the extremely helpful people at Status Porsche, who are a breakers in Stockton ( 01642791911 ), drove back to Newcastle to let my mate at Autosounds take a look with a view to booking it in to have it fitted, and left half an hour later with a seemingly fully functioning 6 disc changer!

The previously unused wiring was tucked behind the master cylinder, so that was rescued from it's hiding place and plugged in, he made another fibre optic loop to include the changer, plugged it in, and it was hello to Rush's Moving Pictures. The changer is temporarily stuck on top of the nav unit with double sided tape until the factory bracket turns up ( £21 from Porsche ), when it does, I'll fit the two units together in their correct orientation, and that'll be that. Total cost about £180.

Thanks to all who posted up pics, chassis numbers, etc, very grateful for all the help, cheers.

41 minutes ago, Daniel Joseph said:

As opposed to UPS...keep up!  ?

(Even I got it, and I'm famously slow on the uptake... ?)

I'm up there with you DJ just wasn't sure he was joking or not.  Did make me chuckle though. 

2 hours ago, Batesy66 said:

I'm up there with you DJ just wasn't sure he was joking or not.  Did make me chuckle though. 

Lol, yes, that was what passes for my sense of humour. Sorry about that. I'll try not to do it again! :wacko:

Archived