OPC 981 S inflated prices ?

M12MTR

I've got to ask…… where are you getting 55 percent from

porsche cars have never conformed to standard depreciation curves, my local dealer has a load of 2 year old caymans for basically retail price and a gt2rs for half a million squid

they will be gone next month, 

honestly 981s are holding value well at the minute, that doesn't mean they are overpriced, it just means that their value in the marketplace is much higher than people expect, which isn't surprising since its replacement has a 4 pot engine

if your After a 981 for a bargain price, from an OPC this Year I think your going to be disappointed mate 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at retail vs private it does firmly look like OPCs (and some high end retailers following suit) are artificially holding prices high.

Yes. Granted supply and demand.... but a 5+ year old 981 with 5 owners is not worth 39k. Sorry but this will not sell for this.

I would value this at 32k tops retail. So if I really fancied said car I would offer this. I reckon the OPC offered a very low part ex .... say 28k for this car..... as they 'would' value it accordingly with depreciation curves. Profiteering quite simply.

I will hold out for the right S / private sale. 

I remember when I owned a z4 m coupe a few years back they were 13 grand all day long, then Snyter started retailing them at 20k, bear in mind we are talking about a low volume of cars for sale ( maybe 9 on eBay and synter had 3 or 4 ) and gradually they influenced the entire market place.  Now they are 25 grand and Synter sometimes retails good ones at 28k or so. 

Different situation but I get what your saying, however I think standing in front of harrods complaining about the price of thousand quid wellies would yield similar results as your experiment mate.  Hope you find a cheap one but I'm guessing it won't be from a OPC, and similarity I'm guessing they won't really care.  They all sell.... otherwise they wouldn't price them accordingly. Good luck with the search. 

When you End you actually buy one you'll be thankful OPC are selling them dearer, as it's helping keep prices high

Ha ha do you really think that people are not buying the 718 due to the engine?

It is a very very small percentage! The people on this forum is a small percentage of boxsters owners.Why on earth would you part ex a 2 year 981 for 1 it would be a £20k exchange why?

From what I have seen and read is people dont want to wait 10 months for a car so the next options is a 981.

22 minutes ago, M12MTR said:

Looking at retail vs private it does firmly look like OPCs (and some high end retailers following suit) are artificially holding prices high.

Yes. Granted supply and demand.... but a 5+ year old 981 with 5 owners is not worth 39k. Sorry but this will not sell for this.

I would value this at 32k tops retail. So if I really fancied said car I would offer this. I reckon the OPC offered a very low part ex .... say 28k for this car..... as they 'would' value it accordingly with depreciation curves. Profiteering quite simply.

I will hold out for the right S / private sale. 

Opc do not use depreciation curves at all. You need to snap out of this mentality.  I paid 32k for mine 8 months ago and was offered 30k for it last week.  You are wildly guessing prices with crazy reasoning mate .  I do it all the time so no bad lol

2 minutes ago, Rufus said:

Opc do not use depreciation curves at all. You need to snap out of this mentality.  I paid 32k for mine 8 months ago and was offered 30k for it last week.  You are wildly guessing prices with crazy reasoning mate .  I do it all the time so no bad lol

you can have mine for £45k :)

2 minutes ago, Rufus said:

60 and it's a deal

and 6 bags of spuds ...

ok ok ......2 bags of spuds?

for fek sake i like my roast dinner!

then you can feck off ... your taking the  p*ss now

Oh dear. 

Off topic. 

Over inflated prices. Simple. And I would really rather buy new (but not a 4 cylinder Porsche in my book)  and enjoy this inflated residual.... but the OPC would still screw you over.

I love a deal / fair deal that's all.

Enjoy your spuds spud. 

1 minute ago, M12MTR said:

Oh dear. 

Off topic. 

Over inflated prices. Simple. And I would really rather buy new (but not a 4 cylinder Porsche in my book)  and enjoy this inflated residual.... but the OPC would still screw you over.

Enjoy your spuds spud. 

Will do mate cheers

enjoy the 981 ……… oh hang on

'Cheers 

4 minutes ago, M12MTR said:

Oh dear. 

Off topic. 

Enjoy your spuds spud. 

Buy new then, 911s are  reasonable prices, in fact in early ordered one there's so little in price difference between 911 base and boxster s with options. 

or don't 

honestly .... do you think it matters ?? 

You keep saying 4 pot is the only reason you won't but but then Moan about  the cost of 981 cars. 

either way hope it makes you happy as you seem pretty unhappy right now with your situation and position …… strange 

Hi Mark

I went through the same decision challenges and bought a late OPC demonstrator after fooling around with speccing and ordering a 718. Something will turn up :) 

12 minutes ago, Toeside said:

Hi Mark

I went through the same decision challenges and bought a late OPC demonstrator after fooling around with speccing and ordering a 718. Something will turn up :) 

Just rang wilmslow demading more than 55 percent off the gt2 they sell, cheeky bugbears are selling it at half a million quid.  I offered 90k ……… I'm going to be disgusted if they deny my offer and slate them on a forum…disgusting behaviour 

4 hours ago, Rufus said:

Just rang wilmslow demading more than 55 percent off the gt2 they sell, cheeky bugbears are selling it at half a million quid.  I offered 90k ……… I'm going to be disgusted if they deny my offer and slate them on a forum…disgusting behaviour 

? cheers matey.

7 hours ago, John T said:

Now then Mark

Interesting thread, you know what its like with the car game, hold on and a car for you will turn up Mate, I'm sure of it. Good luck  :D

Ey-up John. Cheers. 

Yes seems I've inadvertently upset some folk ?

I'm in no particular rush atm.... still enjoying my 987.2 (only done 1k miles in 18 months).

Keeping an eye out and yeah the right motor will turn up.

I'm 80% sure I can make your North Yorks run.... I'll know for sure nearer the time. Be good to catch up mate.

Archived