Additional standard features have pushed the price up

Mike Cad

In my opinion they've added some standard features in order to make the price rise easier to swallow.  The price rise itself was mainly due to GBP depreciation.  Their options cost a fraction of what they retail them at so adding a couple for "free" and charging more makes it a bit more palatable to punters.  Unless GBP recovers I reckon even PASM and PSE will be standard in a couple of years :)

All to do with exchange rates and profit margins. In the past few months Porsche have been allocating a lot more vehicles to the UK in a bid to outfox the new VED rates. However, the delightful Brexit vote that triggered the slump in Sterling prices meant that Porsche have not been making as many Euros on UK allocated vehicles, but still had committed to supply. Now they're just re-balancing - plus look at allocations now. Lead times are getting longer and longer.

I'm just glad we got our 718 and Macan in the past few months.

1 hour ago, Happy Days said:

All to do with exchange rates and profit margins. In the past few months Porsche have been allocating a lot more vehicles to the UK in a bid to outfox the new VED rates. 

That's not the impression I got ? People have been chasing up delivery of all porsches to try and beat the ved change.

I'm pleased I got mine too.

It's would now cost me £2 1\2 k more.

45 minutes ago, MIkeyv60 said:

That's not the impression I got ? People have been chasing up delivery of all porsches to try and beat the ved change.

I'm pleased I got mine too.

It's would now cost me £2 1\2 k more.

Try ordering a new one now - lead times are a lot longer for the UK than they were six months ago.

1 hour ago, Happy Days said:

Try ordering a new one now - lead times are a lot longer for the UK than they were six months ago.

I wasn't saying they were successful.

I know how long they are taking to deliver?mine took 10 months was delayed twice from January.

Archived