Tiptronic Paddle conversion?

Nobbie

I've just skimmed this thread, so apologies if I'm repeating anything said already:

A few years ago I noticed that the Tiptronic box in my 987 had become rather sluggish,  with a noticable and unnerving hesitation when pulling off from almost stationary, for example entering a roundabout.  I posted an enquiry on another Porsche forum and got the usual doom mongers telling my my box was f**ked.  Then somebody posted this:

"Take it out for thirty minutes and drive it like you stole it, that'll fix it."

Well, I did and it did!  Apparently, the box had "learnt" my rather lazy driving style and had responded accordingly.  The thirty minute thrash sorted it out.

Worth a try before spending any money. ☺

13 minutes ago, Daniel Joseph said:

"Take it out for thirty minutes and drive it like you stole it, that'll fix it."

Well, I did and it did!  Apparently, the box had "learnt" my rather lazy driving style and had responded accordingly.  The thirty minute thrash sorted it out.

Sorry to sound like a scratched record, but if you disconnect the battery for 10 minutes it wipes any memory the gearbox controller has of you driving Miss Daisy and reverts to a factory preset when the battery is reconnected.

Just now, Araf said:

Sorry to sound like a scratched record, but if you disconnect the battery for 10 minutes it wipes any memory the gearbox controller has of you driving Miss Daisy and reverts to a factory preset when the battery is reconnected.

My method is more fun!!! ?

Just now, Daniel Joseph said:

My method is more fun!!! ?

Especially for the judges if you get caught being silly. :o 

• 11 months later...

Archived