Read This If You Have a High Mileage 981...

spook

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still think that it could be a VVT. Mine was showing misfires on both banks with no direct link to the VVT on the diagnostics PIWIS & Durametric.

I dont know where you are, but i have a working spare, takes minutes to fit and try.

I haven't updated because it was all a little bit odd and took 2 attempts to fix, but seems to be fixed today.

The OPC were really helpful on the first visit, diagnosing a failed coil on Cylinder 2 (I was told they were replaced, now just don't know)

They changed it out and said collect the car, I did and it felt no different.. 150 odd misfires on the 10 mile drive home.

It went back in this morning and after some time with a different tech it was diagnosed as Coil failure on Cylinder 2 (after some test drives and calling me to advise on how to make it happen on demand (any gear/rpm light throttle - traffic would do it so not really that hard to repro)) and the coil was replaced.

The only idea the Service guy had was that maybe the 1st tech swapped a coil to test and then forgot which and swapped out the wrong one.

Again I cant fault the service, but I'm going to keep a close eye on it - I still had 6 misfires in Cylinder 2 in the 10 mile trip home, and the fuel trims look a lot better but still at -7% LTFT.

Archived