Windscreen washer

daviddurham

Moring all,

my 981 was recently serviced and MOT'd at OPC.  Just tried to use the windscreen washers (very rare event for me) and only the passenger side is working.

Is this likely to be a blocked jet or something I can easily trouble shoot before I take it back to OPC and potentially end up with a bill.  Not sure why it was not picked up during MOT.

Thanks

David

Blocked jet, almost certainly, 2 minute job (fingers crossed)!

My first port of call is my wire brush.  After removing a 'hair' from it I poke the wire into the jets and try again.

On 11/05/2017 at 3:48 PM, daviddurham said:

Thanks guys.

Martyn, does jet unit come out to clean it or is it a case of trying to poke something non damaging down the jet  :rolleyes: ?

Sorry David, it's never happened to me in the Porsche, but loads of times in other cars, I have just used a fine sewing needle and poked it down the jet hole, had 100% success?

Washer fluid turning to jelly is a common fault these days, if different formula's are mixed. If the 'pin down the jet' doesn't fix your problem, pull the pipes off one at a time (they are easy to access after removing the plastic cowel panels) then get someone to activate the washers while you hold the pipes over a bucket. Fill with fresh water to flush the system then refil with the correct mix of Porsche fluid and water (because that's what your OPC will use in future).

Thank you all,

with a bit of perseverance and water squirting everywhere but the windscreen looks like it's ok.

i suspect the fluid is on the turn though.  I have had the car for two years and like Daniel they never get used (it's wrapped up and hibernates from November - March)

reckon it's time to drain and refill and do that at least twice a year!

Archived