Phone Module for 986 PCM

StephenM

Hi,

wondered if anyone can help me please.  I have a 2001 986 with the Sat Nav (assume this is PCM1) but the telephone just searches and never finds the SIM card - I am guessing that there is no phone module installed.  Could someone please advise what parts I need and how to install ? 

Check your cars factory spec to see if your PCM included " phone preparation "   

If it did, you will need to insert a standard sized SIM card in the little pop out draw to the left of the PCM screen... very old tech , but just for fun I got a free SIM card with £5  worth of credit just so I could enable an otherwise redundant system

The label under and just inside the leading edge of the bonnet is specific to your car and has limited build information, however I just quoted my VIN to Porsche and they printed out an original build sheet and spec for free....... failing that , you can join the PCGB and then they will send you a free certificate of authenticity if you apply for it with all original specs listed for your Porsche.

If you've tried a SIM though, its sounding like you don't have phone prep..... one way of telling, is to pop the little microphone grill out of the dash to the right of the instrument cluster and see if it has the mic fitted behind it.

Mike

Hi Mike G - I took out the little grill to the right of the clocks and found a microphone in there, so I will try and check the bonnet spec next.

Patt - many thanks for the codes they will be very useful.

The sim I got was EE does anyone know if this should work?

Archived