MIA - centre Zunsport grille on my BGTS

Davidbf1.com

Curious. Fitted my Zunsport Black SS grilles a few weeks ago to BGTS. Happy with the install.

cCr has been tucked up in the garage for a couple of weeks until this week when my Mrs needed to use it for a few days due to a minor issue on her car. Only 2-3 miles each way use. Local pottering about.

I pulled up tonight to see my BGTS reversed onto the drive as normal, something didn't quite look right at the front but I couldn't put my finger on it. Then I realised, the centre [Zunsport] grille is missing!

nothing has been hit, no parking bump, no flying stones and no speed humps taken at speed. I know the grill was in good and secure, I'd levered the metal hooks/tabs well outwards again, hooking behind the plastic. Bit mystified that it's gone, wondering if it has actually been nicked.

No signs of forced removal/damage, no scratches to the soft black plastic on the bumper nor the painted sections. Struggling though to believe it's just fallen out on its own.

david

18 minutes ago, Davidbf1.com said:

Curious. Fitted my Zunsport Black SS grilles a few weeks ago to BGTS. Happy with the install.

cCr has been tucked up in the garage for a couple of weeks until this week when my Mrs needed to use it for a few days due to a minor issue on her car. Only 2-3 miles each way use. Local pottering about.

I pulled up tonight to see my BGTS reversed onto the drive as normal, something didn't quite look right at the front but I couldn't put my finger on it. Then I realised, the centre [Zunsport] grille is missing!

nothing has been hit, no parking bump, no flying stones and no speed humps taken at speed. I know the grill was in good and secure, I'd levered the metal hooks/tabs well outwards again, hooking behind the plastic. Bit mystified that it's gone, wondering if it has actually been nicked.

No signs of forced removal/damage, no scratches to the soft black plastic on the bumper nor the painted sections. Struggling though to believe it's just fallen out on its own.

david

Others on here have reported similar issues with grilles falling out.  I've used black cable ties to prevent this happening on mine.  

IIRC, Zunsport has been pretty decent about replacing grilles lost soon after purchase.  Worth giving them a call. :)

Thanks for the reply Daniel, will drop Zunsport an email and see what they say.

some small zip-ties sounds like a good idea too 

4 minutes ago, Davidbf1.com said:

Some small zip-ties sounds like a good idea too 

If you push the "locking block" through the grille to the back, they're all but invisible too.  There are three here, one in the centre of each section, wrapped around the spar that supports the vanes:

4zrYl0R.jpg

Archived