Driver's door bonger

Chipps

I hope that's the technical term? ;-)

Basically, my car beeps/bongs when the driver's door is open, regardless whether the lights are on/off and without the key in the ignition, so I don't know what it's warning me about. Is there a way to silence it? 

Headlight switches are a commen fail point on Boxsters so that would be where I would start if its the lights left on alarm you are describing......

11 hours ago, Chipps said:

Great, I shall have a look. 

I see you're a fellow cyclist. Worked out how to get a bike in a Boxster yet? :-)

No I tend to use the other car if I am out with the Mountain bike (not bothered about leaving the Audi in middle of no where but a bit paranoid with the Boxster ) & most of my miles are done on the road bike so thats just straight out the front door at home.

Knowing the filthy muddy state my mountain bike rides normally are not sure I would want the muddy thing above me on the roof rail system lol but that is the best solution I have seen for the Boxster

I have heard of people putting wheels in front boot & bike on passenger seat!!!!!

I have a diesel Doblo for bike hauling in general, but occasionally I fancy going for a drive to see a bike-riding friend and carrying a bike would be good. 

Archived